Interactive Agreement Quiz #1
Identify the correct verb choice (singular or plural) in each question. After identifying the correct form of the verb, click on the to see the answers.
1. A number of contestants a) plans b) plan to attend the post-competition celebration.
2. Neither the president nor his advisors a) cares b) care who runs the meeting with the senator.
3. A small group of dogs a) runs b) run wild through this neighborhood every night.
4. Susan Smith is the only one of the participants a) who b) that kept the audience's attention.
5. None of the revenues a) was b) were returned to the city.
6. If Jan a) was b) were president, she would outlaw hand guns.
7. Ned is one of those dynamic speakers who a) motivates b) motivate everyone.
8. The alumni a) gives b) give significant donations to the university every year.
9. The number of ideas offered by the voters a) surprises b) surprise the politicians.
10. Do you think the media a) alters b) alter the election's outcome?
11. The puppy in that car is the one a) that b) who dug the holes in my flower bed.
12. None of the NFL quarterbacks a) likes b) like to face Warren Sapp.
13. The doctor said that this medical phenomenon a) defies b) defy explanation.
14. Everyone in the surrounding communities a) hopes b) hope that she will win a gold medal.
15. More than 300 pounds of turkey a) was b) were delivered to the mission.
16. Providing better answers to the nation's problems a) seems b) seem to be what the people want from their elected representatives.
17. Before the number of complaints a) increases b) increase , we should make some changes.
18. The group of screaming demonstrators a) is b) are blocking the intersection.
19. If you ask him, neither of the movies a) is b) are worth watching.
20. When will they listen to us workers who a) has b) have worked in the factory?